I Blog For You

Thursday, January 25, 2007

She's Got Grammar and It's a Hit

This does my heart good – to learn that a grammar geek has a highly rated podcast! With the English language under assault from sloppy emails and text message abbreviations, the thought that someone could have a hit with grammar is delightful. A few years ago it was the book "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves" that grabbed attention. Now it is Mignon Fogarty and her "Grammar Girl's Quick & Dirty Tips for Better Writing."

As CNN reports, "The show is currently the 47th most popular podcast on Apple's iTunes service, right behind 'Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day.'" Fogarty says the shows have been downloaded more than 1.3 million times, and have ranked as high as number two on iTunes.

My writer and editor friends are all grinning with me, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home